Considerations For Choosing Cybersecurity Consultants
- Penetration testing as well as assessing vulnerabilities in software that an organization uses.
- Perimeter and Endpoint Security, including breach detection and preventative measures.
- Knowledge of advanced persistent threat management, including phishing, as well as social engineering and network access control.
- Encryption techniques and capabilities. Understanding how the organization can effectivelu use encryption to counter threats.
- Programming languages like the SHELL, Python and Perl for security tasks.
- Knowledge of operating systems, applications and databases. Windows, Linux, UNIX and mobile platforns are in continous development with new vulnerabilities every day.
- Principles of ethical hacking and coding practices. Working knowledge of open source security tools, threat modelling and configuration.
- Managing cybersecurity – Developing policies and implementing frameworks like the NIST CSF, SANS CSC and ISO 27001
Years of multidisciplinary experience ranging from technical to managerial aspects of cybersecurity.
Leadership, conflict-resolution, communication, negotiation
A Cybersecurity Quiz Improves Awareness
Real-time Cyber Attack Maps
Have any doubt about the reality of cyberattacks?
Check out these real time maps from leading security vendors.